Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why "The Untethered Mind"

Did you ever have one of those sleepless nights, when no matter what you tried, you were unable to "turn off" you mind. Maybe you were thinking about work. Maybe you were thinking about errands you needed to do the next day. Maybe you were thinking about a school assignment or a personal project you were working on. Maybe you were thinking about all of these things, unable to focus in on just one. I have lots of those nights. And since I am doing all this thinking anyway, I might as well be writing it down and sharing it with you.

That is what this blog is all about - sharing the things that I (T Alan Wehr) find myself thinking about, whether it be at night or in the middle of the day.

The question is, "Why The Untethered Mind of T Alan Wehr?" It should not be too difficult for you to figure out the T Alan Wehr part, and I have already explained the Mind part. But, what is this "Untethered" business? It is simple really. I am careful to not let my mind be tied (or Tethered) to any one thing.
"A tether is a cord that anchors something movable to a stationary point. There are a number of applications for tethers, but the primary use is limiting the movement of animals." - Wikipedia
Even though our minds are anchored to our own core beliefs, I work hard at not allowing mine to be anchored to ideas that limit its movement. When you think of it, as you obviously are now, there are plenty of other people that would love to limit our movements, both mental and physical. So, there is really no point in us adding further limitations of our own.

The key to an untethered mind is focusing on beliefs that are empowering, not limiting. The point of The Untethered Mind of T Alan Wehr is to share with you the concepts and beliefs that help keep my mind untethered, unlimited in its movement. My hope is that you, too, will find (or add to) your untethered thinking.

No comments: